Light, like the flutter of wings

The Awkward Scientist
HOME

I'm a 20-somethin' young lady living in the satellite age

Have a seat
Previous entries

Review: Beyonce 'Girls (Who Run The World)'
Phantogram x Turn It Off
Beam Me Up!
Look at her now!
The-Dream to release new album in August
Beyonce's new single Girl coming soon...
Junk Food Thoughts
For my bro
The Transformation is almost complete
Hipster R&B




Visit these fools

The Skorpion Show
Rap Up
The Fader

Template by Elle @ satellit-e.bs.com
Banners: reviviscent
Navigation: (Home | Follow this Blog)


“Triple Entendre, Don't Even Ask Me How”
March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011 August 2011 September 2011 October 2011 November 2011 December 2011 January 2012 February 2012 March 2012 April 2012 June 2012 September 2012 October 2012

Latest on J*DaVey
Thursday, April 21, 2011 || 5:30 AM

One group I will never give up on is J*DaVey and it's not because I've met them a couple times. They're two dope individuals with a sound that's all their own and I think that's rare with black artists these days. Too many bands are trying to sound like everyone else. What I respect about J*DaVey is that even with their unique sound they continue to evolve and build upon their creative landscape. You can hear the difference in their music from their buzzworthy tune 'No More' from back in 2006 or 2007. I think they're always up for new sounds and styles. It's pretty cool.
I admit I was a little surprised and confused when I heard that they'd split with Warner Brothers before they could even put out their first anticipated full length album perfectly named 'New Designer Drug'. I think they wanted sole ownership of their art which allowed them 100% profit for sales but that also means they're not relying on the label for promo or needed funds. I really hope they're successful with that.
I love this new video that duo put out. It's called 'Raincheck' off of one of their Mistapes: Evil Christian Cop. It's a very sexy video well suited for the song I suppose. The guy hobbling about is actually Jack Davey real life boyfriend so I'm sure the steamy shots in the video weren't as awkward as they could've been. I love the song, I like the reverse actions they have going on (sorry, i know it's been done before but it always gets me). I think it's one of their best videos as far as quality and presentation.



Also check this podcast out, nice little performance of all the recent mistape faves and some new ones that definitely have me interested in what they've cooked up for their album.

I hope HVW8.com doesn't mind me stealing their pic but I loved the colors and Brook's little eyes looking on.
                           Brook D'leau the man behind the music of J*Davey @ HVW8 Gallery
I'm definitely anticipating more music. The EPs they've been releasing have been cool but they're like teasers. More please...I'll wait patiently :)

Labels: ,