Light, like the flutter of wings

The Awkward Scientist
HOME

I'm a 20-somethin' young lady living in the satellite age

Have a seat
Previous entries

Lil Wayne feat Cory Gunz- 6'7"
It takes a certain kind of swag.
A convenient truth
No one does it like Queens of the Stone Age
Different blog, same brain.




Visit these fools

The Skorpion Show
Rap Up
The Fader

Template by Elle @ satellit-e.bs.com
Banners: reviviscent
Navigation: (Home | Follow this Blog)


“Triple Entendre, Don't Even Ask Me How”
March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011 August 2011 September 2011 October 2011 November 2011 December 2011 January 2012 February 2012 March 2012 April 2012 June 2012 September 2012 October 2012

The long road unwinds
Thursday, March 3, 2011 || 6:33 AM

A little about myself, I'm 23 years old, I was born and raised in Philadelphia with my clone and my 2 older brothers. There's a certain prejudgment that comes with saying you're from Philadelphia. From what my eyes have seemed to observe it's mostly gritty and filled with my people most of them barely eating, aside from the white inhabited areas such as Univercity City, Old City and the new hipsterville Northern Liberties. Murder and crime is not a new human phenomena in this city. It's like blinking an eye or moving a finger. I don't think young lives are as valued in this day and age, there's very little self-respect or respect for others...


I digress,


I went to high school in this city. Catholic school in this city and then quickly went for an adventure in the rich lush hills of Westchester, New York. Maybe I was looking for something new. My college days I partied a little but I was much to insecure about my intelligence, I struggled with the stress and the hardships of being a Biology student and feeling like a complete idiot when I didn't do well. Now I realize that Biology is one of the toughest subjects and to put oneself down for not being able to totally get it is...ludicrous.
From someone on the outside looking in my life would sound a little insane. I've isolated myself due to my personality which is essentially just to try and try and acheive success with each challenge no matter if I fail or win. I value social interaction so much these days because even though I had friends in college floated through without savoring the variety and diversity. Now I'm back home in my city and I want to see and meet and feel everyone's emotions...
Sorry for the poor grammar

Labels: